Building the (gingerbread) house of my dreams

Hello there!

Another year, another gingerbread house! This time, I got mine really early- like in October- from IKEA and thank god I did so, because now they're sold out everywhere!

When I got it, I thought that it would be a very creative and festive thing to do with my friends when they would come to visit, but since we are in lockdown, I ended up doing it by myself. I know it sounds sad, but I actually had a really nice time!

It was one that was premade and you only had to build and decorate, so it was an easier version of the traditional gingerbread house- even if it got me two hours to finish!

I put Christmas songs on, grabbed my tea and my favourite gingerbread scent candle and got to crafting! It was really satisfying to watch a few cookie pieces come together and form such a beautiful little house (if I can say so myself) and I felt so happy and festive while building it! It helped me put all the other distractions and worries on mute and focus on the task in front of me.

Hope it inspires you to get to crafting as well!!










Comments

Popular Posts