A day at the beach

Hello there!

Since most of us are still in lockdown, I couldn't help but browse through my camera roll...all the time! Even if things in Greece are quite ok right now, I feel a bit down, especially when I think of all the plans that I and my friends were making before all this.

We were organising some day trips, we were thinking of going abroad this summer...and all this seem so far of right now that it feels like it happened on a different lifetime. I'm sure that things will get better eventually, but it's fascinating to me that you can make all sorts of plans, and then something happens and you don't even know what the next day will bring.

For example, a couple of weeks before the lockdown I went for a walk with my dad by the beach. It was a beautiful day, so everyone was outside, enjoying the sun! It felt like summer and I told my friends that we should have a picnic at the beach sometime soon since it's not too hot now. However, no-one took the initiative to organise it, so we didn't get to do it. I understand that it's a small thing and it seems insignificant right now, with everything that is going on, but it made me realise that from now on, no more postponements! Life is short and unpredictable and if you keep postponing things for the next day, month or year, it's not a given that you'll get to do them!

I hope that I will keep my promise and don't postpone things that can be done today!







Comments

Popular Posts