Riverdale

I've only recently realised that it's been a while that I haven't written anything about series/books/movies. So, since I've passed the past few weeks obsessing over Riverdale, I think it earned its place in the blog.
The story is about the murder of Jason Blossom the 4th of July. The kids who used to hang out with him start a quest to find out who really killed him, and in that way they discover many more secrets that should have been kept like that. The main characters, Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead and Cheryl run around a maze that the adults created, trying to find the truth and themselves. 
In the beginning, I thought that Riverdale would be following the style of the original 1960s series "The Archie Show", a light comedy with pranks and love triangles. However, Riverdale seems to be completely different from the original series. It is more of a dark mystery show that reminded me of whodunit board games where you have to figure out who the real killer is. It keeps you at the edge of your seat in every episode by giving you clues and creating questions about the murder. The characters are similar to the original ones to their basic elements, but they have more depth and their own distinctive personality that makes them interesting and relatable. One of my favourite things in the show apart from Pop's diner (which seems an amazing place to hang out), is the music. There are many times that I have to replay parts of the episode just to Shazam the songs. They are modern, edgy and they catch the atmosphere of the show. You can find the soundtrack here if you want to give it a go.
I can't wait to see the rest of the first season and find out who really killed Jason Blossom. Have you watched the series? Did you like it?








Comments

Popular Posts