Fun and Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe

Fall is officially here and so is pumpkin season! I got my very first PSL a few days ago and inspired by this hug in a mug beverage, I decided to make a pumpkin pie. I thought it would be perfect with a cup of tea and a good book by the rain.
So, here is a super easy, light and delicious pumpkin pie recipe..

Ingredients

100g butter
2kg pumpkin
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon (I added more by accident though)
100g walnut (if you want)
600g pie dough

How-to 

  1. Boil the pumpkin for about 35 minutes in high temperature and then put it in a strainer with a big plate on top for at least an hour until it is as dry as possible
  2. Preheat the oven in a medium temperature
  3. Oil the pan and then put the bottom-crust
  4. In a bowl combine the butter, the pumpkin, the honey, the cinnamon and the walnuts
  5. Put the mixture on the bottom-crust and above it the top-crust
  6. Fold carefully the corners of the pie and then put some olive oil on the top and make little holes with a fork
  7. Bake for about 35-40 minutes in medium temperature (I baked it in 180°C)
  8. Let it cool down a bit and then serve it with honey or powdered sugar and cinnamon.

    You can eat it all by yourself (I know I want to) or share it with your friends and family!! I'm sure it will warm up your autumn days!
    Xx

    P.S. Original recipe here: http://www.toarkoudi.gr/glukia-kolokuthopita/ (sorry it's in Greek)












Comments

Popular Posts