Life Update: What was I up to

Hello there!

It's been a while since I've posted something here, and I missed it a lot. Over the past few months, I struggled a lot with my productivity, feeling drained and as if I had nothing interesting to write or something fun going on, and I guess it's kind of normal, given the situation that the world is in.

However, last night, after playing The Sims for hours, I listened to Stephen Fry's podcast "7 Deadly Sins", where he talked about Sloth, and how he was sometimes feeling that he would have succeeded in more things if he wasn't a bit "lazy". I'm not sure if I'm explaining right, you can give it a listen if you want, it's really interesting, but the point is that it made me think about me and about how I choose to spend my free time. 

The truth is that after work I feel drained and I just want to watch some Netflix and go to bed, and it's definitely ok to feel like that sometimes, but some other times you need to push yourself to do some things that you keep postponing all the time. For instance, I took up some Coursera courses in July and I haven't managed to complete them. So, after listening to the podcast I felt like I was wasting my time with things that really didn't matter when I could be doing something more productive, such as writing a blog post, reading a book, or finishing my courses. 

I might be overthinking this whole "productivity" thing, but I think that sometimes we need to give ourselves a little push, to achieve the things that we dream of. And you'll see that being productive will give you a boost of energy and happiness that other things won't.

So, to sum things up, I found it difficult to do concentrate and stay productive, but here I am! And in case you were wondering, here's what I was up to:

1. Playing Sims 4



2.Reading Books

3. Obsessing with everything Harry Potter and Bill Weasley (again)

4. Listening to the "Fine Line" and "Folklore" albums on repeat

Comments

Popular Posts