Feelin' Fine at 29!

Hello there!

My birthday is officially here and once again I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand I understand that it’s the celebration for you and all of what you have accomplished during the year, but on the other hand, I couldn’t help but feel a bit stressed for the fact that I haven’t accomplished everything that I aimed for yet.

I don’t live on my own, I don’t have a car, my personal life is sometimes a mess and I always have the feeling that something is missing. Even if I know I shouldn’t be focusing on the negative stuff, they always find a way to creep into my thoughts and make me feel miserable.

That is why every year instead of staying home and feel sorry for myself I try to have a party or a gathering with a few of my friends. This year, I even found the courage to invite some people for work. For most of you, this might sound silly, considering that many people have their “work buddies”. For me, though, it was a bit difficult as in the beginning I didn’t quite like my job. I felt as if I couldn’t do anything right and that maybe I wasn’t fit for a career in journalism.

However, thanks to a lot of patience (mine and my colleagues’) I managed to be quite competent at my work and even get a raise. So, I guess that that is something worth celebrating and feeling proud of. And even if I’m not “perfect” yet, I feel I’m slowly getting there.

So, here’s to believing in yourself and working towards your dreams! It will take a while, but you’ll get there!











Comments

Popular Posts