Weekend trip to Olympia

Hello there!
Last weekend I went on a trip to Olympia with my mum and some friends. At first, I was a bit sceptical as to if I wanted to go because I'm usually a bit bored when it comes to guided tours but since there would be some people my age, I thought it would be more fun. And it really was. 

On the first day, we visited the Temple of Apollo Epicurius and then a village called Andritsaina, where we had lunch and took a walk around the village. It was as if we were transported to another era, where everything was left exactly as they were decades ago. Then, we finally arrived at our hotel. We stayed at the Olympic Village Hotel, which is in the centre of the town and also has a spa. Of course, we had to give it a go after such a long day, so we chose to take a dry sauna, hammam and jacuzzi. It was so relaxing that I would have liked to stay longer, but unfortunately, we had to go. After a quick shower, I snuggled up in my bed with a mug of hot chocolate, put a Harry Potter movie and fell asleep.

On our last day, I woke up early (the force of habit), did my makeup and went downstairs for breakfast. After our morning routine, we packed our stuff and went to the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, where our tour lasted about 7 hours! But it was interesting, I have to admit, especially since you could imagine all those people living in the same place thousands of years ago. During our tour, it started raining so we moved on to the museum, where a lot of artefacts were stored. After a quick lunch break, we headed back home, while the rain was still pouring.



























Comments

Popular Posts