Summertime getaway: Santorini

Hello there!

I've missed so much writing. The past couple of months have been crazy, with me changing jobs, working as crazy and feeling miserable. But having some time off and travel is always helpful.

So this summer I went to Santorini for a few days. To be honest, I was a bit prejudiced as I thought that it would be super crowded and full of couples who watched the sunset. But to my surprise, it was completely different. Yes, there were couples watching the sunset hand-in-hand or crowded places where you couldn't even move, but given the beauty of the island and the hospitality of the people, those things didn't bother me one bit.

I didn't do much sightseeing since I just wanted to relax and enjoy my time there as much as I could. So, I spent my mornings at the beach or at the pool at the hotel and in the evening I would go for a walk or a drink at Oia or Thira. What surprised me the most, was that even if Santorini is a touristic place, the island still managed to keep its natural beauty and tradition.

One of the things that I really wanted to do is go for wine tasting, as Santorini is known for the amazing wines it produces. So I visited the only wine museum there is on the island, the Wine Museum Koutsoyannopoulos, where I tasted white wine (Assyrtikos), red wine, a sweet one (Kamaritis) and one that is only produced in Santorini, the Vinsanto.

I loved my time there and I would have liked to stay for a day or two more. Who knows? Maybe next time.
































Comments

Popular Posts