InFamous Diner

Hello there!!
Have you ever thought how it would have been like to hang out with Archie, Veronica and Betty? Go to Pop’s and get some curly fries or the world famous strawberry milkshake with extra cream and a cherry on top? That’s the first thing that came to my mind when I got into the InFamous Diner in Manchester. Maybe it’s the Riverdale binging or the vintage décor, but the thing is that it feels as if the diner came straight out of a 50s sitcom. It is located near the bus station in the Manchester city centre and you can’t help but notice its neon lights from afar that welcome you to a travel through time.
The moment I walked in I couldn’t help but notice that everything is pink. From the chairs to the tables and the sofas, even the ceiling is in different shades of pink so I was immediately in love with the place. And it’s not just that. The jukebox was playing 50s hits from Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra and Ray Charles. A waitress led us to our booth and even if I probably should have started by checking the menu, I was still staring at the pretty ceiling. After a friendly reminder from my bf, who was starving, I had to make up my mind as what to get.
Everything seemed delicious, and I had the Meatball Sub Roll which is served with tomato sauce with basil and Parmesan cheese on a brioche roll with curly fries. As I said before, we were starving so we also got the Cheesy bacon fries and a Vanilla milkshake, to channel my inner Betty. As soon as the food arrived we understood that we’ve gone too far. The portions are quite large and I could barely finish my Sub Roll. It tasted heavenly, and the milkshake as well, even if it seems quite plain in the picture.
We stayed a little longer, watching the people go by behind the damp by the rain windows, as we were listening to Dean Martin. It felt like we were miles or even decades away, carelessly sipping milkshakes and thinking about nothing at all. Unfortunately, it was soon time to go, so we went back to reality and to the bus station, to catch my bus to Leeds. It is a nice and cosy place to go for a bite or a drink, especially if you’re into vintage diners as me. 








Comments

Popular Posts