Autumnal Sugar Cookies

Hello there!
A few days ago I baked sugar cookies, since I had a lot of cookie cutters, I've been searching for an excuse to use! I found this recipe for Rolled Sugar Cookies and decided to give it a try.
For my cookies I used a squirrel, a hedgehog, a ghost and a gingerbread man cookie cutter. I also wanted to use a pumpkin and a bat, but I couldn't find them.
The recipe is for 60 cookies and each one has around 100 calories.

Ingredients 
1 1/2 cups softened butter
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used almond oil to give it an autumnal scent)
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

How-to
In a bowl you mix the butter and the sugar until smooth. In another bowl you beat the eggs and the vanilla. Then, you mix together the mixture of the two bowls and add the flour, the baking powder and the salt. Put it in your fridge for an hour (or overnight).
Preheat your oven in 200 degrees C. Roll the dough on floured surface 0,6 to 1,2 cm thick and cut shapes using your cookie cutters. Place your cookies on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 6-8 minutes. If you want to decorate them you should wait until they are completely cool.
I made them plain because they are quite sweet just like that, but if you want you can add sprinkles, glaze, chocolate or jam!

Have fun making these Autumnal Sugar Cookies!
xx





sorry about that but he looked so delicious! :P



Comments

Popular Posts