Fun and Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Fall is officially here and so is pumpkin season! I got my very first PSL a few days ago and inspired by this hug in a mug beverage, I decided to make a pumpkin pie. I thought it would be perfect with a cup of tea and a good book by the rain.
So, here is a super easy, light and delicious pumpkin pie recipe..
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon (I added more by accident though)
100g walnut (if you want)
600g pie dough
- Boil the pumpkin for about 35 minutes in high temperature and then put it in a strainer with a big plate on top for at least an hour until it is as dry as possible
- Preheat the oven in a medium temperature
- Oil the pan and then put the bottom-crust
- In a bowl combine the butter, the pumpkin, the honey, the cinnamon and the walnuts
- Put the mixture on the bottom-crust and above it the top-crust
- Fold carefully the corners of the pie and then put some olive oil on the top and make little holes with a fork
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes in medium temperature (I baked it in 180°C)
- Let it cool down a bit and then serve it with honey or powdered sugar and cinnamon.
You can eat it all by yourself (I know I want to) or share it with your friends and family!! I'm sure it will warm up your autumn days!
P.S. Original recipe here: http://www.toarkoudi.gr/glukia-kolokuthopita/ (sorry it's in Greek)