Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Yesterday I went with a friend of mine to the premiere of the “Man from U.N.C.L.E.”. We were really lucky to win tickets but we also participated in almost every contest available.
The movie is directed by Guy Ritchie and it was based on a tv show which aired in the 60s. In the movie starred Armie Hammer, Alicia Vikander and (my personal favorite) Henry Cavill. The story was about two agents (Hammer and Cavill) who try to co-operate in order to save Gaby (Vikander) and find her father who is abducted by a criminal organization, leaded by Victoria (Elizabeth Debicki), in order to construct a nuclear bomb.
The movie was a fun and light comedy with an amazing soundtrack and an even more amazing style! I couldn't take my eyes off of the little A-line dresses and the cat-eye that Gaby and Victoria had. So here are some tips on how to adopt the 60s style in your everyday look.
- Don't be afraid to wear or combine patterns. The important thing is to keep the rest of the outfit simple so as to let the colorful design be the center of the attention!
- Accessorise accessorise accessorise! Statement necklaces, huuge rings and earrings in bold colors are a must if you want to add a 60s touch in your go-to style! You can add more jewelry if you want for a more glam look, but I think it's better to choose one center piece and go for it.
- Combine colors to create a fun and psychedelic look, but keep in mind the colors that match and the colors of the pattern (if you have one) to help you make the right combinations.
- As for the shoes, you can choose between flats or the good old Mary Jane's pumps. This is good not only for your feet but also for your style, since this year was all about girly shoes, especially in PRADA and Bottega Veneta.
- As for the beauty part, the hair have a lot of volume and it's made into a half updo or a bun. The makeup remains natural, apart from the traditional cat-eye and the nude lip color. You can go over the top with the eyeliner creating a thick line and then add some fake eyelashes.